Somebody asked me which trailhead modules could help for obtaining platform app builder certification. What I have done is to elaborate an index of them, in order you can practice some of the concepts that are asked in the certification. Obviously, doing this modules is not enough for passing the exam. However it is a good start point. Here you have my index:
SALESFORCE FUNDAMENTALS (8%)
- Describe the capabilities of the core CRM objects in the Salesforce schema.
- Given a scenario, identify the boundaries of declarative customization and the use cases for programmatic customization.
- Identify common scenarios for extending an org using the AppExchange.
- Salesforce user basics: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/modules/lex_salesforce_basics
- Salesforce basics: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/lex_implementation_basics
- Platform basics: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/starting_force_com
- CRM basics: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/admin_intro_crm_basics
- Account & contacts: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/admin_intro_accounts_contacts
- Leads & opportunities: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/admin_intro_opptys_leads
- Service cloud basics: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/service_basics
- AppExchange: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/starting_force_com/units/starting_developer_console
DATA MODELLING AND MANAGEMENT (20%)
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate data model.
- Describe the capabilities of the various relationship types and the implications of each on record access, user interface, and reporting.
- Identify the considerations when changing a field’s type.
- Given a set of requirements, identify the considerations and select the appropriate field type.
- Describe the capabilities and considerations of the schema builder.
- Describe the options and considerations when importing and exporting data.
- Describe the capabilities of and use cases for external objects
- Data modelling: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/data_modeling
- Data management: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/data_management
- Describe the features and capabilities available to restrict and extend object, record, and field access.
- Given a set of business requirements, determine the appropriate sharing solution
- Security basics: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/security_basics
- Identity basics: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/identity_basics
- User management: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/lex_implementation_user_setup_mgmt
- Data security: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/data_security
BUSINESS LOGIC AND PROCESS AUTOMATION (27%)
- Describe the capabilities of and use cases for record types.
- Describe the capabilities of and use cases for formula fields.
- Describe the capabilities of, use cases for, and implications of roll-up summary fields.
- Describe the capabilities of and use cases for validation rules.
- Describe the capabilities of and use cases for approval processes.
- Describe the capabilities of and use cases for workflow, visual workflow, and Process Builder.
- Given a set of business requirements, recommend a solution to automate business processes.
- Describe the ramifications of field updates and the potential for recursion.
- Formulas & Validations: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/point_click_business_logic
- Advanced formulas: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/advanced_formulas
- Process automation: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/business_process_automation
- Lightning App builder: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/lightning_app_builder
- Describe the capabilities of and use cases for social features.
USER INTERFACE (14%)
- Describe the user interface customization options.
- Describe the capabilities of and use cases for custom buttons, links, and actions.
- Describe the declarative options available for incorporating Lightning Components in an application.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate user interface design.
- UI customization: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/modules/customizing_user_interface
- App customization: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/lex_implementation_customization
- Describe the features and capabilities available when creating reports, report types, and dashboards.
- Reports & dashboards: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/reports_dashboards
- Describe the declarative customization options available for the Salesforce1 mobile application user interface.
- Given a set of requirements, determine the appropriate global and objectspecific actions and action layouts to optimize the Salesforce1 user experience.
- Salesforce1 mobile basics: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/salesforce1_mobile_app
- Salesforce1 basics for users: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/lex_salesforce1_basics
- Visualforce mobile: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/visualforce_mobile_salesforce1
- Salesforce1 rollout: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/salesforce1_rollout
APP DEPLOYMENT (8%)
- Describe the key milestones and considerations when managing the application lifecycle.
- Describe the differences between and considerations when using the various types of sandboxes.
- Describe the capabilities of and considerations when using change sets.
- Describe the use cases of and considerations when using unmanaged packages.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate deployment plan.
- Application lifecycle management: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/alm_deployment
- Change management: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/app_deployment